Total Network Inventory 3
Easy PC, Mac, Linux, and FreeBSD audit, reporting and software licenses management
↓ Feature tour ↓
Objectives of network auditingAuditing of the network may be peformed due to the following reasons:
- Stock check of network processes and hardware;
- Optimization of net sources use;
- Networking infrastructure security control;
- Network modernization or implementation of new IT-services;
- Optimization of network support costs;
Network audit toolsTotal network inventory is a perfect network audit tool, enabling the demonstration of all posiible information regarding the status of various internet or local network services, network hardware and servers. This network audit program renders possible to check out the availability of HTTP, FTP, and SMPT services, to display network use data, load of processor and disk space, to form computer list in the local network, to search for the passwords, to scan the network resources and to enable access to the sharing folders. Total network inventory gives an opportunity to system administrator not only to form a statistics of all network processes, but to monitor their quality, to fix and to analyse bugs occurred and to prepare general report according to gathered data. It network audit allows the following:
- To understand the reasons of the bugs occurred and to estimate the overall working efficiency of the network;
- To develop the ways and to minimize expense costs for the solution of problems occurred;
- To estimate qualitatively network technological solutions used;
- To unlock the potential of whole network equipment;
- To increase the efficiency of network resources;
- To estimate the readiness of the network for implementation of new IT-services.
Scanning remote computers
There are no exhausting preparations needed in order to get your PC audit up and running: just install TNI 3 on one computer and that's it—you're good to go. Define a list of separate network nodes or IP-ranges or connect the scanner to an Active Directory domain. Next, specify the administrator's password and call it done after clicking Start scan! In a few short minutes you'll own data on all your Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and FreeBSD computers as well as network devices.
Network audit database
All the data is stored in a separate folder on your hard drive, where you'll find a small file for every network device that you've scanned. This structure is designed for the easy moving, sharing, or archiving of your inventory data. You can group your computers, attach comments, and inventory numbers or all kinds of other information to them.
Flexible and powerful reporting
Nothing beats the simplicity of building a report in TNI 3. Select a set of computers in your storage and click the report that you need for your software and hardware audit. You'll get full, detailed data, ready to be printed, exported, or further processed. You can even design a complex report yourself by choosing objects and fields of interest. No matter how big, any report can be quickly delved into thanks to the instant search feature.
Easy software and licenses audit
TNI 3 will show you all the software installed on your network: what version is present, what computers have them, how many copies are found, and whether your licenses actually allow that many. License keys for some applications will be scanned automatically, and you're completely free to manually specify them for the rest. By the use of the filters, tags, grouping, search, and software tracking feature, you can be sure to never overlook anything.
And so much more:
- Monitor the online status of computers, real-time
- Detect problems with your network in advance
- Store data about your users
- Attach unique passwords to devices that need them
- Build complex reports using filters and conditions
- Share report templates with other administrators